Monday, January 28, 2019 at 7:30PM
Centennial Concert Hall
The WSO presents world premieres of wet ink orchestral works by six emerging Canadian composers, alongside the winner of the CMC Prairie Region Emerging Composer Competition, Scott Ross-Molyneux.
Now in its third year, the WNMF Composers Institute looks to the future of Canadian orchestral music, immersing a hand-selected group of composers from across the country in an intensive week of rehearsals and workshops under the mentorship of WNMF guest composers Kelly-Marie Murphy, Jocelyn Morlock, and Harry Stafylakis. The Composers Institute culminates in this concert of premieres led by Daniel Raiskin and Resident Conductor Julian Pellicano.
- Scott Ross-Molyneux Ehrykaviss for orchestra WORLD PREMIERECMC Prairie Region Emerging Composer Competition Winning Work
- Adam Hakooz Flux for orchestra CANADIAN PREMIERE
- Kirsten Ewart Cueva de Villa Luz for orchestra WORLD PREMIERE
- Noora Nakhaei Garden of Earthly Delights for orchestra WORLD PREMIERE
- Curtis Wright Thuban & Eltanin for orchestra WORLD PREMIERE
- Amy Brandon 3 Portraits for orchestra WORLD PREMIERE
- Tyler Versluis Tragic Overture, “Phaeton” WORLD PREMIERE
Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra
Daniel Raiskin, conductor
Julian Pellicano, conductor
Jocelyn Morlock, mentor composer
Kelly-Marie Murphy, mentor composer
Harry Stafylakis, mentor composer
6:45PM | Piano Nobile
An inside look into the composer’s mind.
Daniel Raiskin, conductor & host;
Julian Pellicano, conductor;